- Wyoming financial institution - any bank, savings and loan association or trust company chartered or organized under the laws of Wyoming.
- Financial institution - any bank, savings and loan association, trust company or credit union chartered or organized under the laws of any state other than Wyoming or chartered or organized under the laws of the United States.
- Person - an individual, partnership, corporation or any other entity, (other than a Wyoming financial institution and financial institution as defined above).
The amount of the transaction fee that will be imposed at any remote electronic terminal must be disclosed by two methods (W.S. 13-1-502(f)):
- Sign or sticker affixed to the front of the machine which is visible to the consumer when he approaches the machine, and
- Electronic display on the screen which offers the consumer an option to cancel the transaction without incurring the transaction fee.
All remote electronic terminals operating in the State of Wyoming shall be registered with the State Banking Commissioner as required by Wyoming Statute 13-1-502(m). A completed registration form and registration fees of $25.00 for each machine are to be mailed to the Wyoming Division of Banking, Herschler Building, 3rd Floor East, Cheyenne, Wyoming 82002, for processing. Registrations are renewed annually.
Upon receipt and review of registration information, a numbered decal is mailed to the owner of the remote electronic terminal. The decal is to be affixed to the front of the machine in a location visible to the consumer.
Wyoming Statute 13-1-502(j) authorizes persons (individual, partnership, corporation or any other entity other than a financial institution) to operate remote electronic terminals in Wyoming if they obtain a written sponsorship agreement with a Wyoming financial institution or a financial institution having a place of business in this state. The sponsorship agreement is to be approved by the commissioner. Persons registering their remote electronic terminals with the Division of Banking are to submit the sponsorship agreement with their registration form.