How to File a Complaint

The Wyoming Division of Banking investigates consumer complaints when they involve state-chartered financial institutions and businesses that extend credit to consumers.  The Division of Banking investigates consumer complaints in those instances where there is evidence of possible violations of laws or regulations.  The Division is not empowered to intervene in private disputes or to represent individuals seeking personal remedies not involving state banking or consumer credit law.

Wyoming State-Chartered Banks or Trust Companies

Citizens who have concerns or complaints with Wyoming-chartered banks or trust companies may contact the Wyoming Division of Banking. (For banks chartered by other states but operating in Wyoming, you may contact the Wyoming Division of Banking for assistance in filing your complaint.)

Before filing a written complaint, you should communicate directly with the financial institution.  If you are unable to resolve the problem, you may:

See bottom of page to download complaint form.

Send this information to:

Wyoming Division of Banking

Hathaway Building, 2nd Floor

2300 Capitol Avenue

Cheyenne, WY 82002

Telephone: (307) 777-7797

Or, you can send your complaint via e-mail to:

In the course of our investigation the Division reviews Wyoming laws and regulations.  We also contact the financial institution that is referred to in your complaint and ask that they mail a response to our office regarding the concerns you express in your letter.  We will mail our written response to you after our investigation is completed, but generally within three weeks of receiving your complaint.  

Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation

The FDIC has a web page that lists resource materials that may be helpful to you in resolving a complaint or obtaining an answer to a question at

Website to access online customer complaint form:

Alternatively, you may mail or fax your request to:

Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation

Consumer Response Center

1100 Walnut St., Box #11

Kansas City, MO 64106

Telephone: 877-275-3342

Fax: (703) 812-1020 

Federal Reserve System

If you have a complaint about a bank or other financial institution, the Federal Reserve System might be able to help you.  The Federal Reserve is responsible for carrying out many of the federal laws that protect consumers in their dealings with financial institutions.  They have a web page that discusses how to file a consumer complaint about a bank. 

Alternatively, you may contact the help line at: 

Federal Reserve Consumer Help

P.O. Box 1200

Minneapolis, MN 55480

Telephone: 888-851-1920

Fax: 877-888-2520

Wyoming National Banks, Federal Savings Banks or Credit Unions

Citizens who have concerns or complaints with national banks, federal savings banks or credit unions located or operating in the State of Wyoming may contact the financial institution's federal regulator listed below.  If the name of the financial institution contains "N.A.," "National," "FSB," "f.s.b.," or "FCU," it is likely a federally chartered financial institution. 

National Banks (N.A., National), Federal Savings Banks:

Office of the Comptroller of the Currency

Customer Assistance Group

1301 McKinney Street, Suite 3450

Houston, TX 77010

Website to access online customer complaint form:

Telephone: (800) 613-6743

Fax: (713) 336-4301


Credit Unions (FCU):

National Credit Union Administration  

Office of Consumer Protection

1775 Duke Street

Alexandria, VA 22314

Website to access online customer complaint form:

Telephone: 800-755-1030

Fax: (703) 302-6024



National Credit Union Administration

Region 4 – Austin

4807 Spicewood Springs Rd., Suite 5200

Austin, TX 78759-8490

Telephone: (512) 342-5600

Fax: (512) 342-5620


Non-Depository Financial Services  


Consumer Lender

Money Transmitters

Mortgage Lenders and Brokers

Non-Lender Creditors

Post-dated Check Cashers

Pawn Brokers


Sales Finance Companies

 If you have experienced problems with a business which provides consumer credit and cannot resolve the problem directly with the business, you may file a written complaint with our office.  You may print out a copy of the complaint form (see bottom of page to download form) or contact the Division of Banking and a form will be mailed to you.  After completing the form, please mail it to: 

Wyoming Division of Banking

Uniform Consumer Credit Code

Hathaway Building, 2nd Floor

2300 Capitol Avenue

Cheyenne, WY 82002

Telephone number: (307) 777-7797

Complaint Forms